Friday, May 3, 2013

Why Seattle?


"Why would you move up here to the rain?" This is the question I am constantly asked every single day at work, school, and everywhere else. Here's my story: I am from Miami Florida and felt like I never belonged (blah blah blah). My only brother left his wonderful five sisters to go be a man in the Army. He was stationed at Fort Lewis in Tacoma, Wa. I decided to come visit him to try a new place.

I have to admit that even though I was so excited to leave Florida for the summer after a month Washington became a living hell. I packed my bags and hopped on a greyhound back to Florida. After a while I realized that I didn't really give Washington a shot. I based all of my negative opinions from Tacoma and not Seattle. At the same time I kept comparing Washington to Florida and I should've just appreciated Washington for what itself.

I moved back to Tacoma about eight months ago through a transfer at work. I still hate Tacoma but I love Seattle. Seattle has all the things that I love like indie music and films, great food, relaxed atmosphere, safety, four seasons, and good people. I spend my weekends in the city soaking up the good vibes and waiting until my lease is up so that I can finally live that Seattle life. Moving to Seattle will finally keep me in one place. I fit in here wonderfully. This city now excites me as I learn more about it and it's little neighborhoods like Capitol Hill, Queen Anne, and Ballard. I love Ballard.

I'm currently signing a lease for a place in Queen Anne and am excited to FINALLY be living in the close vicinity of downtown Seattle. 

I found my happy place in Seattle and I think I am finally going to commit to one city...for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment